Week 1 Workout 3
Warm Up - Jog on the spot for 30 seconds then go straight into step ups for 30 seconds followed by Jumping Jacks for 30 seconds repeat this 2-3 times.
Complete Each exercise for 12-15 reps. When you have completed each exercise move to the next until all exercises are complete. This will be one set complete 4-5 sets depending on ability.
• Stand holding dumbbells with your arms straight by your sides.
1 - Bend at the hips and knees into a semi-squat position, leaning your torso slightly forward.
2 - Push off your feet jump straight up.
3 - Land in semi squat to absorb and repeat the jump.
1 - Lie on your back holding one dumbbell in both hands with your arms extended up over your chest.
2 - Lower the dumbbell back behind your head, keeping your arms straight.
3 - Raise the dumbbell back up over your chest, returning to the start position.
Side Bridge Reach
• Support your body off the floor, resting on the side of your bottom foot and your forearm, holding a dumbbell in your top hand by your side.
1 - Lower the dumbbell down, under and your across chest, reaching to your opposite side, twisting your torso.
2 - Twist your torso back to the front and raise the dumbbell up straight towards ceiling over your shoulder.
• Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side.
Close Grip Floor Press
1 - Lie on the floor holding dumbbells at shoulder level with your elbows bent and your palms facing in.
2 - Press the dumbbells straight up over your chest, keeping your palms facing in.
• Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder level and repeat.
1 - Squat holding dumbbells in both hands between your legs with your arms straight.
2 - Thrust your hips forward, swinging the dumbbells out and up to just over shoulder height with your arms straight.
• Allow the dumbbells to fall forward, guiding them back down along the same path and repeat.
1 - Start in a sit up position with your feet flat, knees bent, holding a dumbbell out in front with your arms straight.
2 - Twist your torso to one side.
• Twist your torso back to the other side, keeping your feet flat and arms straight throughout.
• Alternate sides with each rep.